Monday, May 11, 2009

Raspberry Red Ale

OK so here we go...I have finally found so time to import some pics of the May 2009 Raspberry Red Ale. I hope you all enjoy...oh please feel free to subscribe to this blog...it has a whole bunch of interesting subject matter about home brewing...well that's just a given...The first pic is of my Ale Pale in which the primary fermenting takes place...second pic is of the water beginning to boil to 160 degrees...third pic is of the grain steeping in the hot baby...fourth is when I put the hop ball in once it reached it finally boiling point...Cascades if I am not mistaken...oh boy they smelled yummy...WARNING!!! DO NOT FEED YOUR PETS(DOGS) HOPS...THEY CAN CAUSE MALIGNANT HYPOTHERMIA IF INGESTED!!! Now back to the descriptions...fifth shows the cooled wort sitting in the primary fermenter awaiting to be stirred for aeration...this is a must cause the yeast lives off of it...if you can get a pure oxygen system for aerating...finally the ALE PALE is sealed and the airlock is filled half way waiting for CO2 to arrive and leave the fermenter...more pics to come of racking to the secondary since it is highly recommended for this beer...oh yeah I forgot once pic. It is actually the second pic it is off the HOPS, 1oz. Cascades and 1oz. Fuggles(USA)...can't wait to grow my own...

No comments:

Post a Comment