Friday, May 8, 2009

Fermentation Counting Down...

Well we are four days into the primary fermentation stage. On Monday we will siphon the wort into the glass carboy for secondary fermentation. I always like watching the brew in the secondary fermentation because you can actually see the sediment sift to the bottom. Maybe this time I can save some of my yeast for the next brew date. I would really like to try that this time. We will just have to wait and see. As for a new commerical brew review. I have recently bought two six packs of Lienenkugel's 1888 Bock and Summer Shandy...both are a great drinks for the summer I feel. The 1888 Bock is a little crisp mild lager that grasps on to the rich aroma of toasted and caramel malts. The Summer Shandy is a lemonade flavored beer which is a European favorite in the warmer months. It has hints on wheat, malted barley and real Wisconsin honey then topped of by real lemonade that gives it that citrus flavoring, yummy!!! Well its a warm yet overcast day in Lake County, IL and I started marinating the pork ribs last night with garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and brown sugar, and then I am going to top them off with some sort of barbecue sauce tonight, and one of those Lienies...hope you can enjoy the weather and outside where every you are...
Happy Brewing...
Jon A.
P.S. Sorry pics soon to come...probably when I transfer the brew to the secondary on Monday night...

No comments:

Post a Comment