Thursday, February 11, 2010

True Brew Bavarian Hefeweizen

Well my birthday has come and gone, and I was the recipient of a True Brew Bavarian Hefeweizen brew kit. To say the least, I was not that all impressed with the difficulty of the brewing process or instructions. This kit is intended for the BEGINNER Home brewer. It was a pure wheat malt extract kit with 2 oz of Liberty pellet hops. Took about 2 hours to finish which is rather quick for a home brew, to say the least. With all the snow we had received in the last few days I was able to chill my wort within a snowbank. This was a lot of fun to utilize. Took about 45 min to chill with the lid on my brew pot. Overall satisfaction was 5/10. hopefully next time I can get a Hefeweizen with half grains and half malt extract. Later to come...


Has anyone received their latest BYO magazine, its been almost a few months for mine to come in!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment